Showing 1–16 of 17 results
Why Is Good Skincare Important for Diabetics?
About a third of people who have diabetes will develop skin problems as a result. Though these issues may start out small, they can lead to serious complications down the line. Consequently, doctors always stress that regular skincare is essential for people with diabetes.
If you have diabetes, you almost certainly have to deal with dry skin. Due to poor circulation, your skin can’t get the hydration that it needs. When you are shopping for soap and other cosmetics, go for the mildest options to avoid drying your skin out even more. Since the skin of your feet is extra-dry, you should carefully check it every night for damage, and always apply skincare creams or petroleum jelly.
Consider the following tips for good skincare:
– Keep your skin clean and dry. When bathing or showering, use warm water and a mild, moisture-containing soap. After washing, make sure to rinse and dry yourself well (pat your skin dry; do not rub). Check places where water can collect, such as under the arms, under the breasts, between the legs, and between the toes.
– Avoid bathing in hot water and taking long baths or showers. Also avoid bubble baths, which often contain detergents that can be drying. Avoid scratching dry skin. Apply moisturizer instead.
– Look at your body after you wash. Make sure you don’t have any dry, red, or sore spots that could become infected. In addition to common infections, people with diabetes are sensitive to some rarer forms of skin disease. Additionally, diabetes medication can cause allergies that manifest as rashes or burns.
– Limit the products you use on your skin to decrease your chances of having a reaction.
-Treat cuts right away. Wash them with soap and water. Avoid antiseptics, iodine, or alcohol to clean cuts, because they are too harsh. Ask your healthcare provider to recommend an antibiotic cream or ointment to use on minor cuts.
– Drink lots of fluids, especially water, to keep your skin moist and healthy.
– To protect your skin from the sun, use sunscreens with an SPF of 30 or higher on your nose and wear a hat.
If you have any questions about our products or don’t see the product you need, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to help!
Toll Free: 1-888-8877-ADM (1-888-887-7236).